The first annual MLP STEM Expo was held on Saturday, May 6, 2023. The event provided 32 MLP students with the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of various applications of mathematics and it’s impact to either the individual or the community.
Students selected a MLP project, described the overall problem, and their solution pathway. Then the students had to present an argument for how knowing and understanding the project as well as the mathematics has the potential for impacting either themself or their community in the future.
The judges for the event included:
- Guillermo Lopez, West Ed
- Jack Dieckmann, Stanford University
- Josette Neal-De-Stanton, Envision Learning
- Vinci Daro, Envision Learning & Stanford University
We want to congratulate all student participants! Everyone scored within the top 2 levels, earning either a blue or red ribbon. Furthermore, we want to congratulate the top 5 finishers:
- 1st Place: Anthony Martinez, Littlerock High School
- 2nd Place: Kayla Maples: Antelope Valley High School
- 3rd Place: Sebastian Aceves, Knight High School
- 4th Place: Marilyn Mendez, SOAR Palmdale
- 5th Place: Jazmin Corona, Eastside High School
MPASS Education wants to thank the staff of Eastside High School for hosting this event. I want to thank the judges, the MLP teachers and in particular Sam Perez and Cara McKnight for their support of this event.